Illustrator. Photographer. Random thinker. Um rato de praia.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Gregg Allman and Friends at Destination Daytona


Last Saturday night March 1, 2009, as part of Bike Week events, rock and blues musician Gregg Allman performed at Destination Daytona. Although not my kind of music, I went to check it out anyway, since he was originally from Daytona Beach and I wanted to see him play for a hometown crowd. Plus, the newspaper gave me a free ticket.

He and his band Gregg Allman and Friends performed a solid, one-and-a-half hour set, plus two encores, including hits such as Whipping Post, Sweet Melissa, I'm No Angel and closed the show with Goin’ Back to Daytona.

For a 61-year-old guy who's survived alcoholism, cocaine and heroin addiction, hepatitis C and a marriage to Cher, he looked surprisingly fit.

Check out the concert pics here on my facebook page, and check out 30-second cellphone videos here and here and here and here.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics